CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10, 2010

SILLY ME

A funny thing happened to me yesterday taking the dog out for its morning outing. I used the side door to take her out, mind you now I am still in my nightgown, and set the closed in porch door so it would not shut and lock. OF COURSE, something went wrong and the door closed! Here I am with all doors locked, no windows open so I can take the screen out. I knew the inside kitchen door to the porch was unlocked, so I found a sharp stone and cut the screen out of one of the porch windows that were open, moved the recycle bin under the window, crossed my fingers and prayed that I could climb up on the bin and get my leg in the window (mind you I broke my right hip just about a year ago) and not take a bad fall. Well I got my leg in and now I am half way in and my right leg is not touching the floor and I am not feeling to good about sitting halfway in on a sharp window frame, so I just very slowly kept inching my way over and finally made it onto the porch. Usually I have an extra key down the street at my friend's house just in case, but here I am in my nightgown. I came right in and found an extra key that I am now going to have to find a hiding place outside and get my side door fixed so it doesn't lock on me. I know you all can relate to this, who hasn't done it at least once, oh ok so you haven't.

My son is suppose to come over and put a new screen in my front door, oh boy wait until he finds out I ripped apart two more to get into the house. Look out retirement home, here I come.

I hope to be able to get a new background on my site and some cards over the weekend. Been so long since I redid my site I hope I can remember how to do it. Until then, enjoy your weekend.

1 comments:

Enfys

Oh dear, I am glad you got back in okay. It sounds like the sort of stunt I would get up to!! Just think, it could have been worse, you might have the habit of sleeping in the buff!
big hugs
Enfys x
Your hint about Keetons in Bradenton intrigued me. One of these days I will have to drive down and meet you for lunch, you can show me all these local hot spots. x

Post a Comment